Ruth has dedicated her nursing career to improving the care of women throughout the lifespan. She has experience as a staff nurse on a busy labor and delivery unit, a clinical research specialist with a top teaching hospital, and as a women’s health nurse practitioner at an OB/GYN office. Ruth has served as a preceptor for numerous nursing, nurse practitioner, and physician assistant students and has experience leading patient education and information sessions. Ruth holds special interests in women’s health, perinatal mood disorders, and for care of the breastfeeding mom. She looks to expand her studies to include forensic nursing.
Ruth started working at Marian University in the fall of 2020. She has greatly enjoyed working with students as they pursue their career in nursing. She is excited about having joined the Marian University family and the opportunities that a career in nursing education holds.
- Vanderbilt University, Master's of Science in Nursing, 2015
- Purdue University, Bachelor's of Science in Nursing, 2009
- Sigma Theta Tau Member; Delta Omicron Chapter
- National Association of Nurse Practitioners in Women's Health
- Women's Health Nurse Practitioner
- Clinical Research Specialist in Maternal Fetal Medicine
- Labor and Delivery Staff Nurse
Area of expertise
- Women's Health
- Health Assessment
Ruth lives with her husband, two daughters, and two cats. In her free time, Ruth enjoys spending time with her family and friends, hiking in state and national parks, baking, reading, and being a patron of all types of performing arts.