Project Build Adult Education
In order to help the city and state meet goals to build a highly skilled Indiana workforce, Marian University has established Project Build, an adult education outreach program.
- Project Build provides diverse groups of adults with the educational and career training opportunities they need to (1) improve literacy and numeracy skills and (2) advance their careers.
- The Klipsch Educators College at Marian is committed to embedding Project Build programs within some of the city's most at risk neighborhoods.
Student of the Month
Meet Angela Gilder, Project Build's Student of the Month. We are so proud of Angela and her accomplishments! We asked her a few questions and here is how she responded.
What made you decide to join Marian's ABE program?
"I realized I need to further my education. I wanted to take another trade. I have been a certified nurse's aide for seven years, but it's not the field for me. So, joining Marian's ABE program refreshed the education I needed to complete the BICSI (cable technology installation) program."
To learn more about Angela's student experience, click here or go to the Project Build Facebook page.
- Edna Martin Christian Center’s Center for Education and Training Academy
- Flanner House
- Turning Point Community of Scholars, located at 42nd Street and Post Road
- B.U.I.L.D., an education and construction pathway sponsored by Friendship Missionary Baptist Church
- Blue Umbrella, provider of an entrepreneurship class