Parents, family, and friends
If you are a parent, family member, or friend of a Marian University 21st Century Scholar student, this page is for you!
Built upon a foundation of support, guidance, and commitment, the Office of 21st Century Scholars at Marian University is dedicated to your student’s success. We also understand that navigating the world of higher education can sometimes be complicated. To help, we've answered some of your most frequently asked questions about being a 21st Century Scholar at Marian University.
If you cannot find what you are looking for, contact our office at (317) 955-6330 or email Kalyn Miller, director of 21st Century Scholars, at firstname.lastname@example.org.
The 21st Century Scholar Tuition Scholarship
Marian University offers an academically challenging, life-changing experience. To ensure that you realize your educational goals, we award more than $17 million annually in grants and scholarships.
- As a 21st Century Scholar, your student has a unique scholarship opportunity.
- Funded through a combination of federal, state, and Marian University financial aid, 25 deserving incoming 21st Century Scholars are awarded full-tuition scholarships each year.
Learn more about the this scholarship, including eligibility, application process, selection, and renewal. Then complete our online scholarship application.
Students must complete the admission application, be admitted to Marian University, and complete the Marian University 21st Century Scholar Tuition Scholarship application no later than October 15, 2017.
Eligible candidates must participate in an individual interview with the director of the 21st Century Scholars Program and committee members.
For some students, writing responses to essay questions on a scholarship application is intimidating. You can offer your support by:
- Talk with your student about his or her talents, abilities, and accomplishments and document them to ensure they are adequately reflected in the application essay.
- Make sure your scholar follows application guidelines for length. Encourage your student to provide responses that are on topic.
- Proofread your scholar's essay responses. Encourage students to use language that is correctly spelled, concise, and grammatically correct.
- Submit your materials early and in advance of due dates. Meet all published deadlines.
- Encourage and support your student's educational goals.
What makes Marian different?
Student success is important to us. All 21st Century Scholars at Marian University have access to support services, programs, and resources specifically designed to meet student needs.
Learn more about what we offer 21st Century Scholars, including mentoring programs, service opportunities, and leadership development training.
Congratulations on your scholar's acceptance to Marian University! Share your excitement with us on Twitter.