There is no vaccine to prevent the 2019-nCoV, and the CDC advises that the best way to prevent infection is to avoid being exposed to the virus.
Please remember it is the peak of cold and flu season, so follow these best practices to help prevent the spread of all respiratory viruses:
- Wash your hands often with soap and water for at least 20 seconds. If soap and water are not available, use an alcohol-based hand sanitizer (available in many locations across campus).
- Avoid touching your eyes, nose, and mouth with unwashed hands.
- Avoid close contact with people who are sick.
- Stay home when you are sick.
- Cover your cough or sneeze with a tissue, then throw the tissue in the trash.
- Clean and disinfect frequently touched objects and surfaces.
We will continue to keep the campus community informed about any new information about the 2019-nCoV.